2004-07-01_PICT0044 2004-07-01_PICT0055 2004-07-02_PICT0074 2004-07-02_PICT0077 2004-07-03_PICT0113 2004-07-03_PICT0137 2007-03-20_DSCN0061 2007-03-22_DSC_0043 2007-03-22_DSC_0081 2007-03-22_DSC_0186 2007-03-22_DSC_0188 2007-03-22_DSC_0195 2007-03-22_DSC_0250 2007-03-23_DSC_0067 2007-03-23_DSC_0072 2007-03-23_DSC_0265 2007-03-23_DSC_0277 2007-03-23_DSC_0278 2007-03-23_DSC_0305 2007-03-23_DSC_0333 2007-03-28_DSC_0014 2007-03-28_DSC_0037 2007-03-29_DSC_0029 2007-03-29_DSC_0129 2007-03-29_DSC_0202 2007-03-30_DSC_0068 2007-04-05_DSC_0051 2007-04-06_DSC_0217 2007-04-07_DSC_0003 2007-04-07_DSC_0068 2007-04-15_DSC_0049 2007-04-15_DSC_0050 2007-04-18_DSC_0133 2007-04-18_DSC_0146 2007-04-18_DSC_0160 2007-06-15_DSC_0279 2007-06-15_DSC_0334 2007-06-15_DSC_0578 2007-06-16_DSC_0608 2007-07-07_DSC_1175 2007-07-08_DSC_1326 2009-03-29_dsc_2149 2009-03-29_dsc_2154 2009-04-09_dsc_2228 2009-05-03_dsc_2319 2009-05-07_dsc_2351 2009-06-02_dsc_2407 2009-06-02_dsc_2445 2009-06-02_dsc_2454 2009-06-02_dsc_2463 2009-06-03_dsc_2649 2010-09-27_DSC_2802 2010-09-27_DSC_2820




Humidity: 62%

Wind: 45.06 km/h

  • 03 Jan 2019

    Snow 1°C 0°C

  • 04 Jan 2019

    Mostly Sunny 6°C -1°C

I can't believe that three months have gone by already.  It seems like only a few weeks ago I arrived and settled into life in Ban Phai but a lot has happened with my trip to Tat Ton waterfall, four visa runs to two cities, eating BBQ iguana, dancing shrimp and a lot of Pad Thai.
My last full day in Ban Phai was spent packing my bags and moving Juy out of the hotel room and back home.  In three months we had accumulated a lot of stuff that we used to make our stay more comfortable including extra pillows, cushions for the floor (Juy likes to lean against the bed and do word puzzles), speakers for my MP3 player, a few dishes and some cutlery.

The day I left Ban Phai we scrambled around with a few last errands, had breakfast at our favourite noodle place and grabbed a couple of frozen cappuccinos at the cafe across from the hotel.  Puy helped me load the car and we drove to the airport along with Juy's mom who insisted on coming to see me off.

At the airport Puy and Juy's Mom said their good-byes and waited outside so Juy and I could spend the last few minutes together.  We tried to talk about anything except my leaving as Juy didn't want a big emotional scene.  It wasn't long until I had to clear security to board the plane.  Juy watched until I was on the other side and we waved to each other one last time for the next few months.  Happily our separation this time will be much less.

The hotel doesn't have wi-fi so I'm writing this from a cafe after doing some last minute souvenir shopping.  It's hard to believe that in about 37 hours I'll be back in Toronto.  It's with some sadness I leave Thailand but I look forward to seeing my friends and family again...and of course a good hamburger.